But keep in mind that no one shade or colour is better or healthier than another. However, the colour of your lips may often mean that they need additional care and attention. Discoloration or pigmentation of the skin on your lips refers to a difference in your lips’ appearance. This condition may arise as a result of both medical and lifestyle factors. In this post, you will learn about some of the potential causes of dark lips, as well as how to lighten your dark lips naturally.
In this thread, we will discuss how to get rid of dark lips and the remedy for dark lips.
What Causes Dark Lips?
The following are a few of the most common causes of dark lips.
Lips look great when they’re moisturized, but they lose moisture quickly because their skin is still open. Smokers, mouth breathers, and people who lick their lips constantly are the most likely to experience dry lips. Cold and windy weather dries out the lips as well. Dead skin, darkness, and dark spots appear on the lips as a result of this. These are some of the most common causes of dark lips.
One of the common causes of dryness is indeed Dehydration. You can read about the ways of how you get rid of Dehydration.
- Lifestyle and Habits- Another factor that may leave a smudge on the lips is one’s lifestyle. Lip discoloration may be caused by smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, or the use of drugs daily. Dehydration also targets the most delicate areas of the skin, such as the lips and face.Also Read – Top 6 Oily Skin Home Remedies
- Cosmetics- The use of cosmetics is one of the causes of dark lips. Some lip care cosmetics contain a high concentration of chemicals that can irritate and discolour the lips’ delicate skin. Usage of makeup for an extended period, using expired items, and not removing lipstick at night can result in dark tones on the lips. Also, fragrances and dyes used in cosmetics can cause allergic reactions in some people, resulting in lip discoloration.
- Sun Exposure- Since the constant sun rays can burn the skin of both the lips and the face, excessive sun exposure can result in discoloured dark lips. The UV rays in sunlight cause melanin deposition, with the most susceptible skin areas being the most affected.
- Anaemia– anemia occurs when the oxygen-carrying compound, hemoglobin, is insufficient. Hemoglobin is responsible for giving blood its red colour, and a lack of it can cause discoloration.
- Medications- The use of such medications is one of the causes of dark lips. Discoloration or hyperpigmentation of the eyes, lips, neck, and chin may be caused by various medicines, including tetracycline, antipsychotic drugs, chemotherapy drugs, photosensitizing drugs, antidepressants, antimalarial drugs, and hydroquinone.
- Lip Care Deficit- Lips are the most delicate part of the body, and they must be cared for regularly and adequately. One of the most common causes of dark lips is a lack of lip care. In the winter, the lips begin to dry out quickly, leaving dark spots if not correctly cared for.
- Smoking- One of the primary reasons for darker lips is smoking. You must check out the different ways of how you can quit smoking
Ways to get rid of dark lips:
There are some incredibly compelling and simple home remedies we’ll go through to achieve those lovely lightened and rosy lips. Now you can quickly get rid of dark lips:
Lemon has long been used to treat dark and patchy skin, and it’s no different for lips. Its bleaching abilities are highly beneficial. It is one of the best ways to get rid of dark lips. You may use lemon in the following ways:
- By itself before going to bed
- With glycerine and massage
- Massaged with honey
- Sugar and massaging
If you do this regularly, you’ll see results quickly
Rose is a gift from nature. It has a stunning appearance as well as incredible assets. It can be used for soothing, colouring, moisturizing, and cooling purposes. Rose can be combined with the following ingredients:
- Honey, which should be mixed thoroughly and massaged repeatedly.
- Make a paste with butter and massage it’s in.
- Make a paste out of milk cream and rub it in.
- Make a paste with cream and saffron, rub it in, and use it as a lip balm.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is well known for its medicinal and therapeutic properties. Olive oil may also be used to lighten the colour of dark lips. The abundant nutrients in olive oil can make your lips more coloured (pink), tender, and, of course, beautiful. For best performance, massage your lips with extra virgin olive oil regularly. You can also make a scrub out of it by mixing it with sugar.
Exfoliation is a vital step in maintaining healthy lips, and sugar is a crucial ingredient that can be combined with various other ingredients for scrubbing and exfoliation. It will naturally moisturize lips while also acting as a cleanser, removing dead skin cells. Sugar can be used on your lips in combination with:
- Butter to make a paste and clean for a natural shine.
- Honey and almond oil.
Everybody is familiar with the benefits of beetroot. It gives your lips a natural pink tint while also lightening them, thanks to its excellent bleaching properties. For best results, use it fresh and pure or as a juice regularly. For faster results, combine it with carrot juice and rub it into your tingling lips regularly.
Pomegranate has long been known for its medicinal properties. It effectively provides a brighter hue, moisturization, and a natural pink tint when it comes to nourishing lips. It can be used with:
- Milk cream and rosewater, crushed and mixed into a paste. For excellent results, apply the same and clean thoroughly.
- Juice from beets and carrots After 10-15 minutes of use, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Cucumber salad is referred to as a parlor salad. It has been cooling and nourishing so many beautiful things all over the world for a long time. It even brightens the skin and lips. For best performance, gently rub it on your lips and do it daily.
Berries such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and others contain essential minerals and vitamins essential for maintaining safe and vibrant lips. You can use berries to lighten your lips by applying aloe vera gel as a paste and massaging it into your lips.
- Massage with honey as a paste
- Massage with petroleum jelly
- Massage and lip balm
Honey is another common skin-softening and health-beneficial ingredient. It may also aid in the restoration of the natural colour tone and texture of the lips. For best performance, apply honey at night, keep it on overnight, and then wash it off the following day. You can combine it with various other ingredients, such as milk cream, gram flour, yogurt, and massage or scrub it in for even more successful results.
10. Almond Oil
Almond oil is an excellent hydrating and nourishing agent for lips. Honey, castor oil, coconut oil, and rose petals paste can all be used to brighten the lips. For the best performance, massage it thoroughly
Nature has provided us with incredible foods for maintaining good health; now, it is up to us to decide what we want to eat, how we want to eat it, and what works best. To get rid of the darkness on your lips, try one of these natural remedies. If nothing else works, see a specialized doctor or dermatologist for further treatment options.
Hence, natural remedies can solve the problem of getting rid of darkness around the mouth fast. It will take some time, but it will undoubtedly yield the desired results. Before you try either of these treatments, make sure you do a patch test first. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, avoid them and seek out alternatives.
I hope you found this to be helpful. Try on these tips and let us know if they worked for you or not.