Hair loss is a widespread problem faced by many of us. It is a direct relation to our lifestyle. Excessive hair loss can indeed be a troublesome problem, and it is vital to cure that issue at the earliest.
Hair fall control tips – Natural Remedies
After a lot of research, we have collected top 10 natural remedies, that are super effective.
Before that, do not forget to know about the things which you should not do at home to control your hair fall- How to Control Hair Fall- 5 Tips to Control Hair Fall Naturally At Home
1. Egg Mask:
Egg is considered a rich and most effective home remedy for hair fall. The egg is known to be in phosphorus, zinc, Sulphur, selenium, iodine, protein, and all of these together help promote the hair growth rapidly.
Preparation of the Egg hair mask:
1. Separate the egg white in a bowl and then add a teaspoon of olive oil along with honey.
2. Beat the ingredients together and apply it onto the tips of the hair.
3. Keep the mixture for 30-40 minutes, and then rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
2. Licorice Root:
One of the highly used hairs fall remedies helps prevent hair loss and further damage the hair. The liquor ice root helps to soothe the scalp and get rid of dandruff or dry flakes.
Preparation of the Licorice Root hair mask:
1. In a bowl, add a teaspoon of ground liquorice root and the quarter teaspoon of saffron one cup milk into it, and mix the ingredients properly.
2. Apply this mixture to the scalp and the entire hair, and leave it for overnight.
3. Next morning, wash your hair correctly.
4. Repeat this step two times in a week.
3. Coconut Milk:
All the protein and essential fats present in the Coconut Milk help grow and prevent hair loss.
Preparation of the Coconut Milk mask:
1. Purchase a medium-sized coconut and then simmer it in the pan for five minutes.
2. Strain the pan and then cool it.
3. Post this, and a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and crushed black pepper to the milk.
4. Apply the mixture on the scalp and hair.
5. After 20 minutes, rinse the mixture with the mild shampoo.
4. Green Tea:
Using green tea comes under one of the best hair fall control tips as it is very rich in antioxidants, which helps boost overall hair growth and prevents hair loss.
Preparation of the Green Tea:
1. Soak two bags of green tea in one cup of hot water, depending on the hair length.
2. When the mixture cools down, pour the mixture on the entire hair, by gently massaging it.
3. Rinse the mixture with cool water after 30 mins.
5. Beetroot Juice:
Beetroot is considered to be rich in vitamins C and B6, betaine, folate, potassium, and manganese that are essential for healthy hair. This mixture acts as a detoxification agent that keeps the scalp clean.
Preparation of the Beetroot Juice:
1. Boil the 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind them with 5-6 henna leaves.
2. Apply this paste on the scalp and leave it for 15 minutes, post this rise the hair with warm water.
6. Greek yoghurt and honey:
Yogurt and love are a deadly mixture used for hair fall control.
Preparation of the Greek yoghurt and honey:
1. Mix two tablespoons of yoghurt along with one tablespoon of lemon and honey in a bowl.
2. Use a dye brush to apply the paste on the roots and scalps.
3. Leave the paste for 30 minutes and post that rinse it with cold water.
4. Apply the paste once a week.
7. Aloe Vera:
It is considered an effective home remedy for hair fall to boost hair growth. It is also regarded as useful to reduce scalp problems such as flaking and itching.
Preparation of the Aloe Vera:
1. Place a fresh Aloe Vera on the table and take the stalk out of it, then extract the pulp.
2. Apply the pulp to the hair and leave the pulp for 45 mins on hair.
3. Rise it with warm water.
4. You can apply the pulp 3-4 times a week.
8. Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek seeds are also known as Methi seeds that come under the most useful home remedy for hair fall, stopping the hair loss. Methi seeds help in repairing the hair follicles that promote re-growth and overall health of the hair.
Preparation of the Fenugreek Seeds:
1. Soak the Fenugreek seeds overnight in the water.
2. Grind the paste of Fenugreek seeds and then apply it to their scalp and hair.
3. Leave the paste on the head for 30 minutes.
4. Cover the scalp with the shower cap to keep the moisture level.
5. Post 30 minutes, rinse the paste with warm water.
6. You do not have to shampoo the hair to remove the paste.
7. Put this paste on the hair twice a week.
9. Onion Juice:
Online is supposed to have the antibacterial properties that help fight the scalp infections. The Sulphur in the Onion improves the blood circulation in the hair follicles. It also promotes the control loss of hair.
Preparation of the Onion Juice:
1. Extract Onion juice, grind it, and then squeeze the juice out of Onion.
2. Dip the cotton ball in the onion juice and then apply it on the scalp.
3. Leave the juice for 30 minutes and then wash it off using a mild shampoo.
4. You can use it once a week.
Also, we have an amazing article dedicated to how onion and multani mitti can help for your hair fall problem.
Amla has another name ‘Indian Gooseberry’, an effective home remedy for hair fall. One of the biggest causes of hair fall is the deficiency of vitamin C in the body. Hence, Amla helps fulfil that deficiency, as it is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Amla, strengthening the hair follicles. It has anti-inflammatory exfoliating properties that help in faster hair growth, maintains a healthy scalp, and prevents premature greying.
Preparation of the Amla:
1. Take a small bowl and mix lime juice with the amla powder to make a good paste.
2. Massage the scalp properly.
3. Use a shower cap to cover the head to avoid the paste’s drying up.
4. Keep the mix for an hour and then rinse the same with warm water.
Here are some of the primary causes of hair fall:
1. One of the leading reasons for hair fall is the nutritional deficiency in the body. This means there may be a certain amount of nutrients missing from the diet, such as:
Deficiency of Vitamin D could be an added cause of losing hair. Hence, to avoid Vitamin D deficiency in the body, get out and soak some sun.
2. Generally, around 30 above, women experience significant hormonal imbalances that lead to hair loss. The excessive conversion of dihydrotestosterone primarily causes this. The primary hormone produced in the woman’s body is estrogen, and the other secondary hormone produced are androgens and testosterone. After a woman reaches a specific age, these androgens get converted to DHT and cause hair loss.
3. Although each of us goes through this issue, excess of ‘Stress’ can also lead to hair loss which could last for several years. There are multiple ways to minimize stress through yoga, exercise, sleeping well etc.